Monday, January 16, 2017

Send My Salam To My Selim


During the time of Sultan Selim Han , there was a man named Mehmet who used to be rich , but due to some unfortunate events , he had lost all his wealth and was filled with debts. One night , he got up for tahajjud prayer , and after praying 2 rakkat and asking Allahu Taa'ala for relief , he felt asleep.
That night he saw the prophet in his dream alayhe salam. The prophet alayhe salam told him not to feel sad , and instructed him to go tomorrow morning to Sultan Selim rahimahullah , and ask him for a bag with gold telling him . "O Mehmet . Send my salam to MY SELIM and tell him to give you a bag of gold coins . If he asks you of the reason why , tell him that every night he sends 100 salawat to my soul , but last night he felt asleep without sending salawat. And for this he should give a bag of gold"
So , the man got up and went straight awat to meet the sultan . He asked for money , and the Sultan asked why, to which Mehmet replied:I saw the prophet in my dream and he alayhe salam said:
"O Mehmet . Send my salam to MY SELIM and tell him to give you a bag of gold coins ........ "
The Sultan immediately took a bag of gold coins (100 coins)and gave it to Mehmet and immediately ordered : -Say it again . What did my beloved alayhe salam say?
"O Mehmet . Send my salam to MY SELIM and......."
But the Sultan immediately took out another bag and gave it to the man and asked again with a loud voice. Say it again , what did my beloved call me?
"O Mehmet . Send my salam to MY SELIM and...."
But the sultan was in a state of ectasy and would not stop asking to repeat and for each repetition he gave a bag of gold , 17 in total , till the main vezier Hasancan interfered, to whom the Sultan replied:
O Hasancan. My beloved called me MY SELIM and to hear these words i would sacrifice all my sultanate and everything i have

اللَّهُمَّ صَل عَلَى سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ ۞ الفَاتِحِ لِمَا أُغْلِقَ ۞ وَالخَاتِمِ لِمَا سَبَقَ ۞ نَاصِرِ الحَقِّ بِالحَقِّ ۞ وَالهَادِي إِلَى صِرَاطِكَ المُسْتَقِيمِ ۞ وَعَلَى آلِهِ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَمِقْدَارِهِ العَظِيمِ ۩

No comments: